Friday, November 18, 2011

Do you have to be in excellent physical condition to handle Yoshinkan Aikido?

Some background on me, I practiced karate, Judo, and very little Aikikai, but due to scheduling problems, decided to join a Yoshinkan beginning this week. I have researched a lot of both Aikikai and Yoshinkan, and I know that Aikikai is considered a %26quot;soft%26quot; style and Yoshinkan a %26quot;hard%26quot; style, but of course, I learned that it depends on the instructor. But my question is, I know both are similar, but will there be more focus on physical exercise in the warm up, like push-ups, running, etc? Or will it be like the %26quot;usual%26quot; Judo/Aikido warm-ups, that are mostly stretching, etc. I am not that worried, but I just want to be ready, I haven%26#039;t done any major cardio for a while. thanks!





I know that supposedly the Tokyo Riot Police have to know Yoshinkan, and obviously they better be in excellent physical condition? do you agee?|||Actually, it doesn%26#039;t matter what physical condition you%26#039;re in, what matters is what mental condition you are in. Engaging in a martial arts you%26#039;re not familiar with usually involves having to train muscles you don%26#039;t usually use regularly, so no matter how fit you are, you usually feel fatigued after trying something new. It%26#039;s what you do after feeling the exhaustion and fatigue that counts. If you really are determined to keep training and get better at it, then sooner or later you will reach your peak form in that art. So don%26#039;t worry too much about it. I remember the first time I tried out Aikido back in college and feeling totally overwhelmed by the physical endurance training involved(yep it requires lots of stamina unlike popular misconceptions, our sensei was a hard taskmaster and required at least 100 repetitions of every drill and technique, warm up alone lasted 1 hour and not a minute less), I didn%26#039;t think I could last a minute, but after years of training, I could go for an hour and still be able to raise my arms and remain standing. Just focus more on mastering one technique at a time, you%26#039;ll get there soon enough.|||well there is only one thing u need to be ready for n dat is a lil bit of stiffness or soreness after d first few sessions since ur outta touch excellent physical condition is nt required its enough if u arent sick or sumthin like dat n since u hv a martial arts past u ll manage|||It would help, but not required. Being in good physical shape will give you better/longer endurance...which will be necessary if you want to get anything out of it. Depending upon your dedication to it, it will get you in shape if you%26#039;re not already!|||Excellent conition? No, but you shouldn%26#039;t be in poor condition. Classes are a decidedly more rapid pace, so you wil get into better shape. Be prepared for some soreness after the first few classes.|||No, I%26#039;ve seen very old people on T.V. doing it.|||The Motto Of Aikido is Making the weak strong..|||If you have trained in Judo before you should be in good condition for Yoshinkan Aikido

No comments:

Post a Comment