Friday, May 21, 2010

Aikido Injuries?

I train in several other styles including mma, bjj and kali/escrima. I have done cage fighting and the worst injuries I have ever encountered were during my Aikido training. I have had my right index toe completly pulled out and turned all the way to the right. As well I had my left shoulder completly seperated. My left arm is about 2%26quot; or 3%26quot; inches longer than my right now. I have had injuries from my other training but those were my worst, and they were from my Aikido training.


Has any Aikidoist had any real serious or their worst injuries do to Aikido training. I sooooo Love Aikido.|||I have had my fair share of inguries during Aikido training.When I was a Blue Belt or (Sankyu) we were doing counter techniques and I was tring to counter the technique Kotegaeshi,but inturn I snap my right wrist. the other time were from a technique called Maeotoshi. We were doing randori,and I got caught up in the technique it hyper extended my left elbow. I still have problems out of it at times, and that was back in 97 when I injured it. Those are the only two bad inguries that I have had during Aikido training.





P.S.


for all those ppl that say Aikido isnt any good and can%26#039;t be used in a real fight dont know what they are talking about.I see alot of answers that say the Aikidoist or Aikidoka flip them self, yes we do flip ourself out of a few techniques,but it is only for an escape.You either flip yourself out of the technique, or get your joint broken.|||I guess, maybe, just maybe, you were rushing into the Aikido learning thing too fast and you didn%26#039;t learn the basic %26quot;postions%26quot; of falling, landing, etc. and therefore got those injuries. I did Aikido but never really got any injuries. On the other hand, I%26#039;m not a cage fighter, so who knows??





Atleast that 3 inch longer left arm of yours is gonna have a advantage on reach for punching.





Besides, Jujitsu is much cooler than Aikido.|||Not me, but I%26#039;ve had classmates who horsed around a lot during practice when the sensei wasn%26#039;t looking and suffered injuries ranging from stubbed toes, twisted ankles to broken collarbones and dislocated shoulders. Which is why our sensei was very strict about lower belts trying out techniques without senior supervision. Anyone caught fooling around or trying out some fancy kicks they saw in a movie got an earful from sensei. The proper time and venue for trying out new moves or experimenting with other styles was during randori with the senior students and assistant instructors, while the sensei supervised the session to prevent injuries. The worst injury I witnessed was a miscalculated Tsuki mae ukemi or forward lunge roll over 4 kneeling students by a purple belt who was showing off, he ended up breaking his wrist, collarbone and dislocated his shoulder not to mention almost getting his eardrums torn off along with ours from sensei%26#039;s scolding.|||Chronic knee injuries are common, caused by seated/kneewalking techniques.|||year i hurt myself a lot doing hap ki do mostly cause of people doing strange things they where not supposed to do





i preffer boxing at least i can hit them back (jokeing)





(mostly wrist injuries as you would expect although i think i had a couple of should problems also)

No comments:

Post a Comment