Monday, May 17, 2010

Will Aikido affect my hands?

I have a hobby drawing manga (and have intention of become a professional manga artist). If I do a martial arts like Aikido or Jujitsu, will it affect my hands? I%26#039;m afraid that it will make me unable to draw anymore.|||Well, aikido doesn%26#039;t really use any strikes, so the chances of hurting your hands punching are very low. However, they do alot of joint locks and takedowns, so the chance exists that you could do some damage to your hand.





I would recommend talking to the sensei and be up-front and honest with him about your reservations.|||I am not sure that will have any effect on your hands because aikido practitioners don%26#039;t have to harden their hands same thing goes for jujitsu which deals with arms and legs locks, chokes etc...(see any Ultimate Fighting video)

No comments:

Post a Comment