Friday, May 21, 2010

Can children(12-13 year olds) do Aikido?

I want to start taking Aikido classes.. Can I do that? Or is Aikido only for Adults? |||Yes! AS A matter of fact your the perfect age due to being able to have a lot more discipline over younger kids. I taught Hapkido which is a mixture of Aikido and TKD so to speak and I had children as young as 5 in my classes back then. I now teach my 5 year old son and it goes good sometimes. It will teach you a great amount of self control and to be confidant. Aikido can also be a life long study so I would say get into it and see how you like it. Always interview the instructor first. Take a free class to see if you like how it goes. Dont think that it is ever going to be a place you can do what you want though. There are very strict rules to follow but you can get a feel for the instructor. Good luck to you!|||No problem, I wouldn%26#039;t worry about the tumble and roll, as a matter of fact that is going to be one of the first things you will learn and it takes a while to get it down so you dont get hurt. After you learn it then you will be able to get fliped or flip others around. Report Abuse
|||yeh they can.

No comments:

Post a Comment