Monday, November 16, 2009

Has anyone had to use their Aikido in real life?

on three occasions.





Twice with little ill effect to the opponent.





First in a bar were a drunk tried to hit me over the head with a glass. got him with an improvised irimi lock with his back pushed against the bar.


Second time at a family party where my uncle lost control of himself. he was striking around blindly and I took him in a hiji kime o sae shoulder lock and calmed him down without hurting him.


Third time I got into a brawl with a few thugs that were harassing a young girl in the streets. I got there attention and %26quot;the leader%26quot; tried to hit me I got him again in a shoulder lock and threatened the others with hurting him. They didn%26#039;t respond and one came at me with a knife. End result one dislocated shoulder and a broken wrist and three guys trying to beat a track record.|||believe it or not all 3 are true Report Abuse
|||yes|||yes and may they R.I.P.|||Yes but it was not Aikido it was Jujutsu which is related to Aikido.





At Denny%26#039;s restaurant a man grabbed my right shoulder while I sat at a booth. I instantly grabbed his hand with my left hand placing my thumb against the top of his thumb and using my right arm to assist twisted his arm so he was now facing with his elbow on the back of the table and him standing on his tip toes because the pressure was immense. I simply said you have two choices. You back down and let me finish my breakfast in peace or I break it now choose wisely.





He chose wisely and that was the end of the situation and that was near two years ago. The best fights are the one%26#039;s you can avoid!!|||I have not studied Aikido, but I have used all my other arts in the streets. I hope you never have to use yours.|||Ive used kickboxing and Ju-jitsu

No comments:

Post a Comment