Saturday, November 14, 2009

On board of Black belt test for Aikido in few months?

The problem is that the three that are testing, in my view, don%26#039;t stand a real good chance of passing. I am only one of atleast three that will be on board. However, last nights class we ran them through a %26quot;mock%26quot; test. Even the head instructor, who has already given a test month, said they wouldn%26#039;t pass if it were the real test. I can not see them gaining in skill enough in the next two months. I have already told head instructor that I will not pass any of them if I truly do not believe they should pass. Our tests are not automatic, to be sure. I think the head instructor set up atleast one if not two of the three for a let down, not on pupose mind you. As a Sempi I try to help them but from what I%26#039;ve seen the time we have until then isn%26#039;t enough. Should I try to get Head instructor to push back the testing, he, himself, said that they most likely won%26#039;t be ready. Or just hope they improve massivly in the next two months?|||Did you tell the 3 after the mock test what you thought? Are they being charged for the testing? If so, I would tell them that you, personally, feel that they need more work and let them decide from there. If the testing is free, say nothing, let them take it, it%26#039;ll build and test their character.|||Look life is about taking the bad with the good. If they pass every test without fault, and breeze through the curriculum, with no problem, it won%26#039;t be a challenge. No challenge means no victory. Allow them to fail, and retest them at a later time.





My old instructor use to fail his students early on in their training to remind them that life doesn%26#039;t give you success, you have to earn it.|||your instructor has a reason for testing them just t fail them...|||You are testing three people at once?


How does a board of three people test three people at once?


A test should be to the point of failure and every detail should be scrutinized. I do not believe three people can test three other people at one time.





I mean my tests usually last 2-3 hours and they are solo. (solo is good because in the street you have no one to lean on for support. You are by yourself.)


If we tested three people in one night it would be a 6-9 hour test.


Something smells fishy here.....|||Is it possible that your head instructor has a reason for having them test too early? He could possibly be trying to teach one or more of them a lesson in humility by setting them up to fail. Also, he could be hoping that they will be motivated to work hard to improve enough to pass. Can you talk to him privately and ask what he is doing?

No comments:

Post a Comment