Saturday, November 14, 2009

What is your favorite Hapkido / Aikido / Ju Jitsu technique?

Why is it your favorite? Can you describe it?


Can you name it in Korean and English or Japanese as well?|||I like them all.








If I had to pick just one, I guess I%26#039;d go with sankyo. That%26#039;s the Aikido technique where you take the slack out of someone%26#039;s wrist and lock up their shoulder. Then you can have them dance on their toes and they%26#039;re pretty much yours to do whatever you want with at that point.





Another one I learned recently is just a straight throw right to the ground. Flattens someone on their stomach in a second. I started doing it the other night during freestyle. I don%26#039;t even know if it has a name. I was just amazed how that worked. The funny thing is I don%26#039;t remember learning that - it just felt natural at the time, so I started doing it 2, 3 times. It%26#039;s probably something I learned some time ago, but I%26#039;ll be damned if I remember learning it.|||I agree with Peter Gunn. The Irimi Nage or entering throw is the most basic, simpliest and the most effective especially against multiple attackers when you don%26#039;t have time to set up and use more complicated techniques. What you do is basically enter into an attacker%26#039;s blindspot in a flanking maneuver which leaves you in an advantageous position to control your attacker%26#039;s movements and use his momentum against him. Besides, the movements involved are economical and doesn%26#039;t require much energy to perform when done correctly. It%26#039;s also a perfect transition technique towards the more complicated pins and locks in Aikido. A second favorite would be the Mae Ukime or forward breakfall roll, which is very useful when you wanna disengage from an attacker and make a run for it : P|||If I had to pick on technique I would probably go for irimi nage


as O Sensei described it it is one of the basic and most important techniques in aikido.


it takes years to effectively master the technique but a good frontal irimi technique is extremely effective and usually takes the opponent totally by surprise|||I don%26#039;t know what it is, but you sure made me laugh. LOL


It sounds like one of those techniques I used when I fell downstairs in slow motion and my kids were watching me. lol





No, it was not my favorite, and I cannot describe it to you, it is all a blurr right now.|||Ju-jitsu: hip wheel loin as a throw... easier than hip throw.


Technique: wrist throw.. best compliance throw/technique.





Just my humble opinion.





Best wishes :)***|||My favorite is aikido. It is a peaceful martial arts. Stefan Stenudd is an expert instructor. I enjoy watching every technique in the You Tube. Nice site and very helpful. Thanks again.|||My favourite move is a modified version of the osoto gari in judo, in english i think its outside reap.|||Rear naked choke, baby. Of course the hard part is the setup. But I love the triangle choke from the guard, and an old fashioned knee bar, which no one ever uses anymore.|||reverse gogloplata, were the oppenent is on the lying on his back while you apply it. more power to push your shin in the neck.|||The eagle dance

No comments:

Post a Comment