Monday, November 16, 2009

What do you guys think about Yoshinkan Aikido vs Aikikai vs Judo?

All schools are relatively close, but what are your thoughts? I know it is all about whether the Sensei (s) are good teachers, but what else? what about self defense? I took Judo for about 1 1/2 years and am very new to Aikido.. thanks in advance for any of your comments. Also, what about for kids? My girl is 5 and I want to put her in one of them..|||I%26#039;ll go more for aikido for you will learn more practical self-defense techniques there. Aikido is more on grappling. It%26#039;s a good idea to enroll kids in aikido but wait %26#039;till at least they are 7 years old and up. the best age to start in martial arts are the ages 12, 13 or 14. For people who are older, it is never tooo late.|||I%26#039;m sure a lot of people here can answer your question regarding the 2 arts you mention. I just wanna answer the part about enrolling your 5 year old daughter. I personally wouldn%26#039;t recommend enrolling her in a grappling art at such a young age, Judo and Aikido usually requires students to pair up and apply throws and joint manipulation techniques on each other. And at 5 yrs old, she is still too young in my opinion, even with adult supervision, to attempt applying these techniques, accidents are prone to happen often. The recommended age for kids to start in these arts is usually around 13 to 14 when their hormones starts to act up. If you really wanna enroll her in a martial art, try Karate, Wu Shu or TKD, these arts focus more on personal development and discipline so a child would benefit more from these. Besides, you don%26#039;t want her to actually apply throws, joint locks and choke holds on her playmates at home do you?

No comments:

Post a Comment