Monday, November 16, 2009

Is it true that they teach aikido to the police ?

i play aikido and ppl keep telling me that its not very practical. If thats true, why do they teach it to the police ?


im not sure that this is true tho


so if u know if thats true plz tell me|||Some departments still do. It all depends on their C.Q.B. instructor or any policies their dept. has. Most nowadays tend to favor Jujitsu type instruction primarily for the joint restraint techniques, however, aikido has been taught in many depts including the military.


Aikido is not only a very effective and potentially devestating art both in form and actual application, but it also holds the pure art and discipline so important. Especially in a field such as law enforcement.


I think a foundation such as aikido, combined with some more modern techniques not only makes the officers more effective, but it helps to create more discipline and tact when they have to use that force.


I think if you enjoy it, continue to study your art. YES! Some depts do use an aikido foundation. Who knows, perhaps you could bring your training to a local dept. yourself and become a very good instructor and law enforcement officer.


Hope this helps.


policetac@yahoo.com


P.S. Do a Yahoo search on your art. Cross reference w/other martial arts. There%26#039;s a lot of really goode info out there.|||I can%26#039;t speak for all Police departments, but as a Krav Maga instructor I have given LEO (Law Enforcement Only) seminars, I have also attended Combat SAMBO seminars where there were many participants were Police.





There are many ways to give the Police the skills they need for disarmament, in Krav Maga and SAMBO we deal with modern weapons and disarmament techniques involving gun, knife, bat, etc.





Aikido training, I don%26#039;t know...I can tell you what I have been a part of. Anything is possible and as arts evolve, the scope of the arts training does also.

No comments:

Post a Comment